A service contract isn’t a gimmick: it’s a useful, cost-effective way to ensure your generator is prepped, primed and prepared for the next time you need it. A power outage is not the time you want to discover that your generator’s not functioning and then try to second guess why it’s not.
“I can change the oil. What’s the big deal?” A common misconception among customers is that maintenance means an oil and filter change, but that’s not all that’s needed. Besides changing the oil and filter, a standard service check takes care of:
1. Electrical checks. Is the correct voltage and frequency being output by the generator to ensure that your electronics are protected? Is the latest software installed in the controller? Does the battery load test good? Is the battery charger output correct?
2. Air flow. Are there obstructions of air flow inside the generator’s enclosure? A simple obstruction like grass, weeds, or pinestraw could cause your generator to shut down due to lack of air flow to cool the alternator and the engine, or worse cause a fire.
3. Automatic transfer switch. This switch needs to sense when there’s an outage or loss of voltage so it can automatically start the generator and supply power. Without this feature functioning, your generator’s powerless. Are the lugs properly torqued on the load, ground and neutral wires?
4. What’s needed most. Our crew is specially trained to quickly recognize what’s needed for your generator. Should there be a problem, a service person typically has common parts available in the truck to fix it.
5. Regularly scheduled maintenance. Once you have a service contract in place, you can count on Palmer to remind you of upcoming check-ups.
6. OnCue Generator Management System. For Kohler® generators equipped with this feature, OnCue allows you to manage your generator remotely and even send status updates to you or to us. A regular check-up means that recent history is reviewed and loaded tests are completed.
A generator service contract with Palmer Generator gives you confidence and assurance that your generator is well-maintained. Don’t second guess what the status of your generator’s service record is – give us a call so your business runs seamlessly in any power outage. Let us do what we do best so you can have peace of mind.